ABHYANGA: Ayurvedic Massage Course with 2-day intensive workshop
Abhyanga is a rejuvenating full-body massage that incorporates medicated oils specific to the unique constitution of the individual and the season. It is particularly effective to stimulate and strengthen the lymphatic system, pacify the nervous system, optimize blood circulation, enhance the body’s innate detox mechanisms, internally lubricate, and much more.
Over the past 5 years we have had many therapists, clients and body-work students ask to learn these unique ancient techniques of Abhyanga, so Lydia has decided to offer her valued knowledge across a combined online & in person course, which includes:
Students will be taught the following syllabus & practical skills
1 The basic principles of ayurveda philosophy
2. What specialized herbal oils to use for what dosha and conditions
3. All the practical aspects of setting up table and room and equipment for abhyanga massage
4. Marma therapy for specific areas of body
5. Authentic rhythmic sequenced stokes and techniques to perform a 1 1/2 hour abhyanga massage
6 How to perform massage according to clients body type
7 . The benefits to body mind and spirit
8. The contraindications of abhyanga
9. How to incorporate steam therapy with essential oils at end of treatment to assist oils to penetrate deeper
10. The sprinkling of herbal dusting powder, known as a light utavaratana for exfoliation and penetration of oil
There are three main components to a full Abhyanga which you will be taught:
Shiro Abhyanga (Head Massage)
Mukha Abhyanga (Face Massage)
Abhyanga (Body Massage)
This course will be the initial foundation towards continuing to learn other Ayurvedic body therapies such as Pinda Sweda- Herbal Bolus Massage, Shirodara, Back Bastis treatments and more Ayurvedic body therapies.
* This course is created for Practitioners, such as Massage & Body Work therapists.
It is not a Government certified course and does not provide you with a license to practice any type of body therapy.
Two online lectures via Zoom
Monday 14th & Monday 21st August 6.30pm ADCT (120mins)
2-day Weekend intensive workshop in Aldinga South Australia on
Sat 26th & Sun 27th August 2023 - 8.45am-4.30pm
*Morning Tea & Lunch will be provided.
(Sattvic Plant based meals)
** Plus each day starts with 30 min meditation & yoga class
Course Fee: $649.00 * Early Bird Special until 1/4
Full Price - $720