Are you new to Ayurveda?
Complete this simple quiz!
Then scroll down for free advice.
Scroll down for results
Is important to first note that your dominant DOSHA is consistent throughout your life, but it might go through changes over time based on emotional blockages, stagnant energy or changes in season. These can affect your body natural rhythms in a particular point in time affecting the normal balance of all other elements.
Your results are a good indicator of your dominant element so take note:
KAPHA - 10 to 18 points
When Kapha is out of balance, too much Earth has accumulated in mind, body, and environment. The result is a sense of sluggishness, congestion, and dullness. The best way to balance excess Kapha is to bring more movement and circulation into the physiology.
• Awaken at sunrise.
• Look for opportunities to create healthy change.
• Favor pungent, bitter, and astringent tastes.
• Avoid eating when you’re not hungry.
• Be spontaneous and try new things.
• Wear invigorating fragrances.
• Clean out your space.
• Drink invigorating herbal tea.
• Diffuse invigorating fragrances into your environment.
• Favor bright strong colors – reds, oranges, and yellows.
• Meditate twice a day to get clear on your intentions and desires.
• Perform a vigorous self-massage with warm invigorating herbalized oil.
• Exercise daily.
VATA - 19 to 37 points
When Vata is out of balance, too much air has accumulated in mind, body, and environment. The result is a sense of un-groundedness. The best way to balance excess Vata is to bring more Earth and stability into the physiology.
• Go to bed and awaken at the same time every day.
• Meditate twice a day to quiet the mind.
• Practice yoga to connect with your body.
• Wear relaxing fragrances.
• Eat three meals per day and favor sweet, sour, and salty tastes.
• Perform a slow daily self-massage with warm relaxing herbalized oil.
• Drink relaxing herbal tea.
• Look for opportunities to create rhythm and routine in your life.
• Diffuse relaxing fragrances into your environment.
• Finish things once you start them.
PITTA - 38+ points
When Pitta is out of balance, too much fire has accumulated in mind, body, and environment. The result is a sense of internal and external combustion. The best way to balance excess Pitta is to bring more space and coolness into the physiology.
• Spend time outside and in nature.
• Favor cooling tastes – sweet, bitter, and astringent – and eat with full awareness.
• Meditate twice a day to soothe the mind and relax the body.
• Schedule some space in your day.
• Perform a slow self-massage with soothing herbalized oil.
• Wear soothing fragrances.
• Favor cool colors – blue, green, and white.
• Drink soothing herbal tea.
• Diffuse soothing fragrances into your environment.
• Engage in non-competitive physical activities.
• Stay cool.
• Be more playful.